Monday, February 11, 2008

I Made Bread

I have once again gone back to my health food only faze. This time around however I decided to make my own bread. Now I have never made bread and I do not have a bread maker. I have however thought about getting a bread maker. I decided that I would try making it from scratch first. then if I liked it maybe I would look into getting a bread maker.

So the other day the girls and I tried to make bread. Let me just say that even with a phone call to my dad, I threw the gross looking dough in the trash. I have no idea what happened or what didn't happen. I just figured I was way over my head. Well, I decided to try again.


This time it seemed to work! I actaully had 2 loaves of bread turn out. The best part is that they don't taste all that bad. I am not sure they are perfect for they taste like they are missing something, but it worked! I figure I will get my dad to taste them and give me some pointers. I do plan to make it again. It really was not that hard or time consuming. Plus, the house smelled great while it was baking.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

wow, dad will be proud!

JCR said...

Looks good! Don't get a break maker. We got one for our wedding and have used it maybe 3 times. The loaves I make without it are a lot yummier.

Jen said...

You rock Ms. Crocker!! Those look great!!!

Kat said...

OK Betty Crocker! You are such the over achiever. They do look quite yummy though!