Friday, February 15, 2008

Not So Good At Sneaky

I was called to school this morning to pick up B who was not feeling well. Her tummy hurt. No problem, I was there to get my sick one right away. A was comforting B all the way home. Telling her that when we got home she could "relax and feel much better." When we got home B changed into jammies, grabbed her lamb and went right to the couch to watch tv. I took her temp and surprise, it was normal.

Half hour into "sick time" B was hungry and wanted to eat her lunch. I guess the tummy was feeling better :) I gave her a few crackers and told her to eat these first. I was now thinking that maybe she was not all that sick after all. Sure enough her lunch has now been eaten and she and A are involved in full play time.

I did decide to hold off on lunch dessert. B was not happy with this. I went upstairs to change A's accident and get her new undies. When I got back down B had decided that she would just wait till after her nap to eat a dessert. In fact that is a good idea. What?! I gave her a quick look and then began with the 3rd degree.

me: what did you do while I was upstairs?
b: nothing (her lie smile is on her face)
me: really? I think you should tell me the truth.
b: nothing
me: it looks like you maybe ate something
b: ok, i ate a cupcake
me: you ate a whole cupcake while I was upstair for 2 minutes?
b: yup. it was good.

Then as I went into the kitchen to now get A one, I noticed that B has a little to learn on the art of sneaky. 1. the container that the cupcakes are in was out of place. 2. the wrapper was on the top of the garbage not hidden. 3. there was frosting on her face (the way I knew)

I guess I am glad she is not good a sneaky at the age of 5 1/2. I did find it all sort of funny too by the way. She is a good girl, so this was rather out of place for her. The power of a cupcake I tell you!

2 comments:

Jen said...

B is so funny! I can just see that adorable face!!

Hey - anything for a cupcake!! I can understand that!!!

JCR said...

I love that she said, "Yup, it was good." She is hilarious!