Wednesday, February 27, 2008

On My Own

My husband left for the next 5 days this morning. He is off to golf with one of his brothers in South Carolina. I hope he has a good time for he has been working hard lately and could use a little vacation.

I too can use a little break. As much as I like having him around I like it sometimes when he is gone too. I no longer need to pick up and cook real meals. I always feel like I need the house to look like I really did something during the day. Now I don't have to till Sunday :) I will miss the extra pair of hands and the break on the weekend, but I am looking forward to hanging with the girls and slacking. The whole bed to myself is a definite perk too. I will miss my double D's hot chocolate Saturday morning, but I am sure I will survive.

Funny moment...

Driving in car today listening to kids music.
A: I'd like row row boat song
Me: no problem
A: that is not safe
Me: What is not safe?
A: bouncing up and down in a boat. (this was the verse of the song)
Me: oh really?
A: It is dangerous (A's favorite word) You could fall out. I'm not saying that part.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

haha, love it!!

JCR said...

Good luck! Five days is a long time, and no doubt you will be more tired than usual. But at the same time, enjoy it!! I know exactly how you feel.