Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Change of Plans

I have been looking forward to this day all week. Yes, I know that means 3 whole days. B has a full day of school today due to a musical performance. So I get an extra half of a day without her. This gives me extra time to do what I need to do without stopping to pick her up and then go to gymnastics.

So what did I want to do with my extra time? SHOP! What else? I had visions of Macy's and Land of Nod and even the Gap for another over priced pair of jeans. Just being in the mall sounded good.

Remember that A is working on potty training this week. I feel very good about taking her to the mall with undies on too. She has done such a great job so far.

After my shower and getting dressed. I decided it was time to get A some pants and get out of the house. Well that was not the same thought running in A's head. After much pleading and maybe a few tears, I decided that today just was not the day to go. There is nothing worse than trying to shop with a kid that does not want to be there.

I changed out of my cute outfit back into sweats and sorted laundry. Yup, so much for my shopping plans. I am upset, but know this is for the best. I need nothing (well maybe the jeans) but wanted to get my fix. Perhaps once I wash clothes I won't think I need more jeans.

So it looks like a day of house work and stuff like that. I do have lot on my TO DO list, I just didn't think today would be the day to work on it.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Sorry you didn't get your day of shopping! I've had that happen to me so many times, and it is definitely sad when you had other plans for yourself. Hope you were at least able to make a dent in the to do list...

I love that you changed back into your sweats. I do the same thing!!!